This review applies to version 2.1.
The latest version of this software will soon be reviewed by our
Seamless3d is open source 3D modeling software free and available for all under the MIT license.
It is a very powerful and practical 3d modelling software for anyone who wants to make quality 3d animated content for the web.
Seamless3d - 3d modelling software - is designed for the artist who is realistic about the time it takes to learn any tool that's going to offer creative freedom.
When Seamless3d is put in the hands of an artist who has both patience and passion the results speak for themselves.
- Infinite Undo/Redo
- Outputs clean efficient files
- Specialised tree view interface
- Fast efficient program
- Exports to VRML, X3D Obj and POV-Ray formats
- Imports VRML and X3D VRML Classic formats
- Imports & Exports HAnim
- Imports Canal/Blaxxun Avatar Studio avatars
- Imports & Exports BVH motion capture files
- Support for FFmpeg which allows for the creation of AVI, MPG, MP4 and FLV movie formats
- Single skinned mesh animation
- Partitioned & seamless texture mapping
- JPG and PNG texture formats (and BMP when using DirectX)
- Beziers & NURBS lathes and NURBS patches
- Nurbs Surface Poly Editing (NSPE)
- Tangent matched NURBS Surface Fusion
- Polygon subdivision
- Sound synthesis using NURBS
- Intuitive animation bar
- Robot demonstration help
- Multi-User 3D chat web browsing and much more